If you can't find your high-risk patients, how can you treat them?
PressureStat® is a key component of the CDFE
IDENTIFICATION OF HIGH PLANTAR PRESSURE
PATIENT EDUCATION TOOL
Without a comprehensive exam, the patient's chart does not accurately reflect their
That is why the American Diabetes Association (ADA), American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS), DMEPOS, Medicare Physician Quality Reporting Initiative (PQRI) and others have all published recommendations concerning the need for performing a Comprehensive Diabetic Foot Exam (CDFE) on all patients with Diabetes.
The New CDFE from Visual Footcare™
The purpose of the CDFE is threefold:
- To identify the primary risk factors associated with diabetic foot complications —neuropathy, high plantar pressure and history of previous ulcer or amputation;
- Capture all required charting documentation as to the patient’s condition; and
- Better educate patients as to their at-risk condition and facilitate self-management and compliance with preventive care recommendations.
- Bill for office visit (example 99213; with 25 modifier if performed at same time as other procedure).
- Satisfy PQRI Measures 126, 127 and 163, entitling them to a 2% bonus on all annual Medicare billings.
- Fulfill "NEW" Medicare charting documentation requirements for the Therapeutic Shoe Benefit.
- Educate patients as to their high-risk areas of focal pressure, graphically illustrate the need for orthoses and promote greater understanding of the need to care for their feet.
For information relating to reimbursement
for the CDFE: